Possible Virus

lintony 21:14 19 Sep 2003

I think that I may have donwloaded a virus.
I recieved an e-mail from MS Corporation Public Assistance with a "Newest Security Upgrade". I installed it as it came from Microsoft. After I installed it my Norton virus started to scan outgoing mail, which I did not send. I have since received 4 e-mails from Mail Delivery System saying that mail could not be delivered to everyone all the addresses in my mailbox. mt Norton has also stopped working.

HELP!!!!!!

mammak 21:24 19 Sep 2003

Oooh dear i think help is what you need ,lintonyi myself cant help you wish i could mate but will keep bumping you up untill someone doe,s ok, mabye jesterk will be along shortly, he will sort you out. hold on in there ok

mikef. 21:52 19 Sep 2003

Is this the one click here. if so follow the instructions to remove and then install the MS patch released last week.

Boy Zone 21:53 19 Sep 2003

I have done the same. Its taken my nortons protection off and zone alarm.

Please inform all NOT to download this file.

mikef. 21:55 19 Sep 2003

PS Microsoft do not send security patches via email see click here and click here and M$ site click here

lintony 22:09 19 Sep 2003

Boy Zone

Howdid you get rid of the virus then as I seem to have downloaded the same one as you.

lintony 22:53 19 Sep 2003

Thanks everyone for your help. The virus that my computer had was a worm called W32/[email protected] I dowloaded the tool and have got rid of it.

Boy Zone 23:10 19 Sep 2003

iF SO CAN YOU PLEASE TELL US HOW TO DO THE SAME? i HAVE BEEN ON THE NORTONS SITE, BUT i CAN'T ACCESS MY NORTONS SCANNING TOOL.
I can't run regedit. All seems to have stopped.

Please help

Boy Zone 23:29 19 Sep 2003

try this site
[email protected]" title="http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/[email protected]" TARGET="_new">click here

VoG II 23:32 19 Sep 2003

That's click here

Stuartli 23:34 19 Sep 2003

There are numerous threads on this subject - Microsoft does not send out e-mails unless you are a subscriber....:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires