Possible trojan - what should I do?

aly-lfc 17:13 01 Nov 2007

Help! I reinstalled AOL today with no problems. I ran a full scan with Norton which came back clear, but now the AOL spyware protection has popped up saying I have two threats and to apply a block on them. Who do I trust? is it possible for one to pick up a threat and not the other? any advice welcomed.

FreeCell 17:53 01 Nov 2007

Yes its very possible for different spyware/virus programs to pick up different threats. It is also possible for programs to pick up false threats.

Do you know what AOL spyware picked up? If it was tracking cookies then it is safe to just delete these. Trojans may need more depending on the type.

Technotiger 17:53 01 Nov 2007

Yes it is possible. I would advise you to run at least one or more anti-spyware programs, just do a Google for Free Anti-spyware and you will find plenty out there.

mfletch 18:07 01 Nov 2007

Hi, All these are FREE Superantispyware is my favorite.

SUPERANTISPYWARE/ click here

AVG ANTISPYWARE/ click here

AD-AWARE/ click here

A-SQUARED/ click here

SPYBOT S&D/ click here

SPYWARE TERMINATOR/ click here

mfletch

aly-lfc 18:26 01 Nov 2007

FreeCell, the threats picked up by AOL are; trojan.win32.click here and trymedia adware.

FreeCell 20:29 01 Nov 2007

USe mfletch's links and download superantispyware and a-squared free, update to ensure that you have the latest versions of the virus data files and then run them.

There should not be any trojans found if you have cleared them with AOL.

ICF 20:39 01 Nov 2007

This is a free trial of trojan hunter

click here

aly-lfc 10:24 02 Nov 2007

Thanks everyone for your help, the threats have been isolated and deleted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?