Possible Hard Drive Failure.

Sparkly 15:08 23 Mar 2006

Hi well after a long journey getting my pc to boot up from the xp disc and ran a repair to no avail i desided to reformat and install windows again only to be told the disc was damaged, as i put the drive in only about 4 weeks ago and know that the pc has been looked after can anyone tell me if you can get the h/d tested and possibly reformatted out of the machine, i an installing a new h/d to keep me going at the moment.
Thanks.
click here

vinnyT 13:17 24 Mar 2006

Go to the bmanus site, western digital, maxtor, etc. they have utilities on their sites (most of them anyway), that you can use to check your drive for faults.

Hope this helps.

Sparkly 13:55 24 Mar 2006

Hi vinnyT thanks for that i will give it a try.
Cheers.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:13 24 Mar 2006

Hard disk tools :-
Seatools click here
WD Data lifeguard click here
Maxblast4 click here
Power defrag lite click here
Autodefrag click here

Sparkly 17:13 24 Mar 2006

Cheers Fruit Bat /\0/\

woodchip 17:27 24 Mar 2006

Why not just run disc check in My Computer it marks out the bad bits so Windows will not try writing to these bits

Sparkly 17:41 24 Mar 2006

Hi woodchip because at the time i was unable to get past the windows xp logo it would just hang,i have managed now to do the recvery consul and had to reinstall xp i think the possible culprit was a wireless keyboard and mouse after i went back uninstalling things to see if any were acting up when i unpluged the usb senser it allowed me to do the recvery.Thanks anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?