possible deadly virus?

square eyes 22:16 08 Sep 2006

Hi,
This is probably a load of rubbish, but i have just recieved an email from a "friend" saying the following. I havent found anything on the net and is probably a silly prank as if this was possible it would be prevented by our antivirus??.
Thanks for any opinions.

""During the next several weeks be VERY cautious about opening or launching any e-mails that refer to the World Trade Center or 9/11 in any way, regardless of who sent it. PLEASE FORWARD TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY. FOR THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW, "WTC" STANDS FOR THEWORLDTRADECENTER. REALLY DANGEROUS BECAUSE PEOPLE WILL OPEN IT RIGHT AWAY, THINKING ! ITS A STORY RELATING TO 9/11!

BIGGGG TROUBLE !!!! DO NOT OPEN "WTC Survivor " It is a virus that will erase your whole "C" drive.. It will come to you in the form of an E-Mail from a familiar person. I repeat, a friend sent it to me, but called and warned me before I opened it. He was not so lucky and now he can't even start his computer!

Forward this to everyone in your address book. I would rather receive this 25 times than not at all. So, if you receive an email called "WTC Survivor", do not open it. Delete it right away! This virus removes all dynamic link libraries (all files) from your computer.

PLEASE FORWARD THIS MESSAGE""

sean-278262 22:28 08 Sep 2006

1. Dont forward it.
2. It is spam delete it and instruct the sender that they are an idiot for even thinking it was the real deal
3. Tell them that not everyone wants them to forward the messages to them. It is chain email and annoying

click here
for the low down on the spam.

As for the email. Errr 9/11 was 5 years ago now. So it is perfectly harmless as an email.

With Circa 1,000,000 viruses there are plenty of big threats so emails about potential big ones would be pointless as I cant remember 50 names nevermind 1000s.

woodchip 22:31 08 Sep 2006

Your best bet isd Delete and do nothing, as It may not be sent by the addressee

square eyes 23:46 08 Sep 2006

Thought so, some people love to get excited.
He is an idiot although i wont tell him that :)

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?