Possible to copy protect a CD?

Cessna 15:43 07 Jun 2005

I need to produce a CD ROM, which will need to be filled with personal pictures, articles, art work etc. I will expect to burn about 10 copies of this CD and the CD will be loaned out to people who would view its content and then return the disc. What I am wondering though is it possible to copy protect a home made CD so that no one can "borrow" any of its contents to use for themselves??

TomJerry 15:55 07 Jun 2005

many big big compaies have tried many method to copy protected CD, but there is no effective method available now

For your project, you can put everything together as Web Pages, the you can use program such as Webcomplier click here to complie it. With this webcompiler, you can disable copy and print.

Another way to to turn them into pdf file which can also be protected to prevent copy and print. Adobe Acrobat can do this click here

The third way is to put everthing together as Powerpoint presentation and then convert to flash presentation which can not be copied and print quality is poor. Program for this is Impatica click here, powerpoint2flash click here

mattyc_92 15:58 07 Jun 2005

I have asked this sort of question and the summary is NO (well unless you don't mind learning loads of commands and scripts)....

Even if the CD was protected, they could still copy the images/documents off the disk onto their hard-drive, so it wouldn't make much of a difference

Maybe someone else now knows who to protect a disk.... But I wouldn't build my hopes up...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?