Possible conflict of applications...

TonyV 15:14 01 Feb 2009

Following on from the correction work I did this morning for a pal of mine, I have installed Superantispyware on my own machine. This means I now have Superantispyware, the free home edition, Ad-Aware Free Anniversary edition and AVG Pro. Is there likely to be any conflict with this lot running from start-up?

Thanks

TonyV

Technotiger 15:22 01 Feb 2009

No problems, they will all be quite happy together!

I would not run any of them from Startup, run them Manually as and when required - one at a time is best!

Marko797 15:22 01 Feb 2009

No.

U can have as many anti-spy/anti-malware as u like running, but only 1 Anti-Virus. More than 1 AV and that's when u get problems.

TonyV 15:29 01 Feb 2009

Many thanks. As far as Ad-Aware is concerned, that checks what is happening when I am on the internet via the Ad-Watch facility, so I may as well leave that one to start at start up along with AVG Pro. SAS I will stop from running at start up and use as and when.

Cheers

TonyV

Technotiger 15:31 01 Feb 2009

Fine - when you said 'Running from start', I thought you meant actually Scanning!

I have the same three programs.

TonyV 15:38 01 Feb 2009

No, it was starting but not scanning as you say. I've actually stopped SAS now and will use it as a "repair" tool. I did notice I can set it to protect me during work on the internet, but with the other two working, I feel it is probably better to use SAS as and when.

Thanks for your interest.

Cheers

TonyV

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?