Possible to change software on tomtom one v1?

VNAM75 22:20 26 Jan 2010

I have the original tomtom one (bought 2006) and want to know if its possible to change the software on it. It has recently been giving me a few problems and I want to know if its possible to install other gps software such as igo 8.

User-312386 23:01 26 Jan 2010

Connect your tom tom to the PC, install tom tom home from click here and see if it gives you the updated software.

VNAM75 23:38 26 Jan 2010

madboy, I can do that but was interested to know if I could put other software on it.

anchor 08:38 27 Jan 2010

Other than the operating software, and possibly new maps, what other software are you thinking of?.

anchor 08:56 27 Jan 2010

Sorry, I just noticed you mentioned igo 8. I am almost positive the answer is NO. This programme only works on Windows Mobile, which is completely different to TomTom Navcore.

If you are having problems, you may consider signing up and posting on the dedicated TomTom forum. There are some really expert people there who might be able to help.

click here

VNAM75 14:35 27 Jan 2010

Thanks anchor, the unit seems to have fixed by itself.

I read a lot about people installing igo 8 on the myguide sat navs from ebuyer because the standard software is not very good. I think those units use windows ce which enables igo 8 to be installed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?