Possible to bind a key to print email address?

Mutant_Llama 09:01 06 Apr 2006

1) Does anyone know if it is possible to bind a key that will copy your email address into whatever field?

2) Are the top 10 reviews still available online here? I can find hardware reviews but am looking for the current top 10 budget PCs?

Ta!

Smiler 10:20 06 Apr 2006

1 no idea
2 think you'll have to buy the magazine for them

Stuartli 10:38 06 Apr 2006

If you have AutoComplete enabled then typing the first one or two letters of an e-mail address will complete it in the appropriate field.

spuds 10:46 06 Apr 2006

Reviews are still available, but not in the old type format. If its a particular thing that you are looking for, then a google search could re-direct you to the latest suitable review on that item(s).

Mutant_Llama 15:39 06 Apr 2006

I find autocomplete more of a hinderance than anything else so never bother with it, so will leave that as is.

Shame about the missing top 10, I do buy the magazine but like to browse online at work, but I suppose it would encourage other people not to bu the mag!

squillary 17:30 06 Apr 2006

It's a macro handler you're looking for isn't it? I don't use one on the PC platform, but I do use Password Manager as part of Norton, which offers to deliver names and addresses from what I've set up. Might that help? Commercial of course, but possibly you already have it?

Maybe someone else can point to something appropriate along these lines.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017