Is This Possible????????

Scouse 17:28 21 Jan 2003
  Scouse 17:28 21 Jan 2003

I recently opened a thread on Consumerwatch asking advice on printers. Having gained a shortlist of potential purchases I will be shopping within the next 7-10 days.

Now, until my printer is bought and installed I still have documents to print. I currently email documents to the office as attachments and print them at work.

The question is:-

Can I send print jobs direct to the office printer from home?

I use NTL 512K B/B

Win XP Home

M/S Office 2002.

Thanx in advance,

Scouse

Scouse 17:53 21 Jan 2003

Forgot to mention, the office has an "Always on" Connection.

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:55 21 Jan 2003

Email them to yourself as Word/access/excel files and print from there. :-)

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:58 21 Jan 2003

Ah! You want to print in the office whilst you are at home?

G

Scouse 17:59 21 Jan 2003

The wizard has spoken!!!

Cheers Gandalf, Your advice is sound and I know it will work, but in an ideal world my intention would be to collect the printed documents as I enter the office.

Scouse

graham 18:01 21 Jan 2003

(I think!) but it would have to be "set up" by your IT Dept., don't think it would be cost effective for one person.

Qmar 18:10 21 Jan 2003

remote control utilities..laplink® , carboncopy® , ( also email to fax [pc fax]?)

-pity about your thread title.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:15 21 Jan 2003

Try searching on google for the prog. Laplink though I doubt whether this will send files to print. There was a free copy, which I have, given away with one of the mags which you are welcome to have as it is as much use as a chocolate fireguard to me.

G

Scouse 18:18 21 Jan 2003

Qmar, you comment on the thread title is justified.

As for Laplink, I will search for downloads after Dinner and take it from there.

Thanx people.

Scouse.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:19 21 Jan 2003

There is a proggie called 'PC Anywhere' which allows you to control your PC whilst away from it. Anyone have any experience of it?click here and click here

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?