Portable printer for laptop

Onizuka 11:42 06 Jul 2010

I thought it would be useful to have a small portable printer that I could carry with my laptop when away from home. However I have been unable to find any on the internet and the owner of my local computer shop told me that Canon were the only firm who had made them and that they had ceased production ten years ago due to lack of demand. He said that people used memory sticks nowadays but agreed when I pointed out that a memory stick was not much use if one wanted to print something.

When a British Gas engineer serviced my boiler recently he entered the details of the job on a small laptop and then immediately printed all the paperwork on a small printer connected to his laptop. It was exactly the sort of printer I am looking for and I find it hard to accept, therefore, that nobody has made them for ten years and that they are no longer available.

Can anyone tell me who makes such printers and where they can be obtained?

onthelimit 11:51 06 Jul 2010

Google came up with lots, but with prices £200 and up, I suspect they would be too dear.

woodchip 11:52 06 Jul 2010
  onthelimit 13:04 06 Jul 2010

woodchip - that refurbished one looks good. I had one at work and it performed perfectly.

woodchip 15:04 06 Jul 2010

Yes its okay if all he wants is Monochrome and its not USB its Parallel Port connection

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?