Port Forward Issues TalkTalk Super Router

nanogy98 20:43 03 Feb 2015

My router refuses to forward ports. I have no idea why. It's not just a specific port, it's any port I try to forward. I have it setup correctly. I've posted screens to show my configuration. Any suggestions?

[img][click here]1 [img]click here [img][click here]3 [img]click here

Secret-Squirrel 09:44 04 Feb 2015

When you tested using CanYouSeeMe.org, was there a running service listening on that specific port? If there wasn't then that would account for the result.

Try running another online port probe using ShieldsUP!. Enter the port number in the white box then click on "User Specified Custom Port Probe". If it shows "Closed" then you have indeed setup port forwarding properly but there's no service listening on that port. "Open" indicates that it's open and listening. "Stealth" means it's well and truly closed and your port forwarding hasn't worked.

Secret-Squirrel 10:13 04 Feb 2015

PS, I forgot to mention - Port 80 may not be the best one to use for testing purposes. It may be reserved by your router for remote administration (this can usually be changed), and some ISPs block that port because they don't want folks running home webservers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?