port attack

only me 10:45 07 Jan 2004

hi there could someone help please, i have nav and Norton firewall 2003, it warned of a port attack 2 days ago i checked the ip address with google was told it was program called my way ip address 192.168.0.180, yesterday another port attack, ip address 64.63.203.140 belongs to hawk communications today i got logged out of broadband by ip 82.43.80.130 the only way could i get net access was to shut down comp unplug b/band connection i found the programs on add/remove and took them off yesterday i have looked today they are not there any ideas, i have checked with google it is my way again? sorry for the long string

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:11 07 Jan 2004

These are NOT port attacks. Norton and ZoneAlrms are top of the list for *cough* alerts *cough* that are nothing to do with hacking, this is one of the reasons why I do not use any firewall. Turn off the alerts, you will never get hacked on a home computer. The 'alerts' are merely computers handshacking.

G

only me 12:39 07 Jan 2004

i was worried as it has happened 3 times, in last 2 days. So what is the cause of not being able to get on to net? i leave comp on, but turn B/Band to stand by. It has not done this before thank you for your reply i would like to know why i have these probs just lately bye

only me 09:37 15 Jan 2004

gandalf
i have got high risk warning on the two attacks so i blocked them

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?