"popups" "AVSystemCare" etc, can't get rid!

AllZwell 23:19 18 Aug 2007

Hello,

I keep getting this popup (full screen) called "AVsystemCare" and other associated popups. I've run: Adaware 2007 (free version) AVG, Spyware Doctor, SuperAntispyware - even in safe mode, but they still pop-up. I'm on Windows Vista.

TIA

AW

AllZwell 23:22 18 Aug 2007

click here To see the one I'm talking about. Seems legit to me, but it comes without my asking, and thats **SPY**!

AW

rdave13 00:00 19 Aug 2007
  Dipso 01:28 19 Aug 2007

I managed to rid a mates PC of this yesterday. I did the same as you but in addition ran A Squared and Spybot S&D. Superantispyware seemed the most effective but you have to configure it as follows -

Under "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences button.
Click the Scanning Control tab.
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining.

Disable system restore after scanning and before reboot.

Also check msconfig for any rogue entries. In my mates case the entry yoiqjn.exe appeared. After getting no results with a Google search I found this click here and unticked the entry in msconfig then followed the advice to remove any traces from the registry.

Hopefully this should resolve it.

Dipso 01:34 19 Aug 2007

This seems to be a relatively new exploit so there aren't many effective solutions. Installing Windows Defender would be advisable if you haven't already and I also installed Spywareblaster to try and prevent any future infections but this was XP so you'd have to check for Vista compatibility.

AllZwell 16:24 19 Aug 2007

Thanks for the reply, Re: the "Superantispy" and the settings you recommended. Well, I did that , but i am currently in my 15th hour of scaning! (had to leave the pc on all night), and its still running (mainly in a "driverstore" folder or something. It's a laptop BTW.

Is it normal (prob not)for it to take this long??.

TIA

AW

AllZwell 16:26 19 Aug 2007

Forgot to mention that "Dialler.Instant.Access" keep being pick up by spyware D.R (even after it "deletes" it. So everytime i run it, it keeps "seeing it" so it's always there lurking somewhere.!

Thanks

AW

mfletch 17:25 19 Aug 2007

Hi, This is a new! virus?

It is listed in Rogue remover just download rogue remover and scroll down the list until you get to AVsystemCare and the run the software,

click here

mfletch

Dipso 22:35 19 Aug 2007

I was warned that scanning with Superantispyware could take "some time" but it did not take as long as yours.

Re: the re-appearance of the dialler, did you disable system restore after deleting?

Dipso 22:36 19 Aug 2007

P.S. Did the scan complete evetually?

AllZwell 13:19 21 Aug 2007

Sorry for the delay, but since I last posted, I used the best pop-up, antivirus, Trojan etc currently available - it's called FORMAT!, no, I was still waiting till the early eves to finish scanning, but not to be.

I have all my Data back on now, along with Antispyware etc. Also back to Windows XP which is much less resourcing on my laptop batteries.

Thanks all.

AW

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?