Popups

pj123 20:08 30 Apr 2004

I am getting very annoyed. Even though I have a popup blocker installed, over the last 3 days I have been getting a popup "Date me Now" "Find your Match" but only on the PC Advisor site. It doesn't appear on any other site. I can do without this. Is anyone else experiencing this please?

Taw® 20:09 30 Apr 2004

I get nothing here I have the google toolbar and am using avant browser.

Totally-braindead 20:17 30 Apr 2004

Taw® the Avant browser has a built in pop up stopper so if its on, you wouldn't see it. I'm using the same thing so I don't see what pj123 is on about either. pj if I was you I'd either download the free pop up stopper(or find it on one of your PCA disks) or download the Avant browser, Gandalf posted about it a couple of weeks ago and its excellent (once you get used to it). Its available here
click here
and if you don't like it just remove it using add remove programs in control panel

pj123 20:18 30 Apr 2004

Taw®. Another thanks. I also have the Google toolbar and at the moment it says 324 blocked. I usually reset it to zero when it reaches 500. But it doesn't appear to be blocking this one, and while typing this it has come up again. I am using IE6. This seems to be the only popup I have had since installing the Google toolbar. Maybe someone, somewhere has got round it? But why only on this site?

Taw® 20:29 30 Apr 2004

pj I've jusst disabled all my pop up stoppers and changeed to IE but still didnt get any popups. I also have shhot the messenger installed that prevents popups comming through windows messenger (not the msn or ver6) this is the messenger service running in services that you can also disable. May also be spyware not picked up in that case you should also consider cw shredder, also on Bels link in the other post.

woodchip 20:32 30 Apr 2004

Try using Netscape I do not get any. As I have disabled them in prefs. No need for a stopper

pj123 18:04 01 May 2004

I have now downloaded and run Adaware and Spybot. So far I have not had this particular popup appear since. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?