Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review
Hello gang, back for more help. A friend is running XP Home and is concerned about recently receiving various "porn" pop up adverts etc. I wondered if XP has a built in popup stopper or something that can be configured. I suggested temporarily that IE 6 could be set up to filter/sensor some of the site access. Just wondered if there was anything built in without installing further software.
click here and go to " Download " to get free Popup Stopper. Once installed, go into properties and select " Enable aggressive popup control " I use it all the time. : }
Freesurfer mkII click here
New version 2.1.026 out now! Supports now also German,Italian, French,and many other languages. What's new?
EMS Free Surfer mk II is an intelligent popup stopper, cache cleaner and surfing companion from EMS-Project. It works with IE. FS and its fs-20 inference chain engine do not in any way interfere with opening new windows. No white lists, block lists or anything; just start it and surf in peace. And it's configuration free. There is no return to 'old style' popup stoppers after trying Free Surfer. Free Surfer is just the best free popup stopper in net.
And at last you can also enable/disable those annoying GIF and Flash animations and it is multilanguage supported. Get Free Surfer here - it's pure freeware.
EMS Free Surfer mk II 2.1.026 main features;
- Open multilanguage support. Includes Italian, German, Swedish, English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Dutch, Finnish, Dansk. Or implement your own language.
- Intelligent popup stopper with customizable rules and two surfing modes.
- Configuration free, just press start!
- FS-20 engine stops popups BEFORE they appear on screen; save bandwidth.
- FS-20 plugin support; FS gets better and better all the time.
- Snap manager; save your open browsers to a snap.
- Disable Flash and GIF animations.
- Panic! button and enhanced Total Panic option.
- Home page lock prevents home page changes.
- Silent mode disables activex-prompts.
- Use internal beeper or your own wavs to enable popup sound.
- 'Slim mode'; terminated popups list can be now disabled.
- WashBoard, cache cleaner plugin.
- Cleans temp files, cookies, autocomplete, typed URLs and
my documents (recent document folder).
- Timering options. Cleaning can be done automatically after all
browsers all closed or in a specific time of a day.
Hi gang, thanks for all the information. Have forwarded your suggestions.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.