Popup message on my desktop

Liza 18:12 22 Jul 2013

"Browser Change It appears that there is an attempt to change your default search engine or your homepage or interfere with your browsing experience.

Do you approve these changes to be made? OK Cancel Dont show this page"

This message appears, when I logon on, on the right side of the desktop screen of my pc just above the task bar. What does it mean? Liza

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:54 22 Jul 2013

What antivirus / antimalware programs are you running?

Sounds as if some malware attempted to hijack your start page and you protection has stopped it.

lotvic 19:56 22 Jul 2013

Or could be you have downloaded and installed some free software and it came bundled with a Toolbar etc. (Ask.toolbar is often bundled like that as well as others)

rdave13 20:08 22 Jul 2013

As fruitbat/\0/\ and lotvic, you've downloaded 'extras' and your security software (whatever it is) is asking if you want to change the home page etc. I'd hazzard a guess that it's Superantispyware that's asking the question. Select 'no' then check programs and features for added toolbar/s and remove.

Liza 20:32 22 Jul 2013

Fruit Bat /\0/\,lotvic rdave13

Hello and thanks for your prompt reply. Yes, there is, was a an email requesting to download a backup in both my laptop and pc and I said no. My virus protector, brilliant protector, AVG has been great, stops any software, program trying to come in keeps me fully protected.

I will check toolbars etc and remove. Liza

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?