Popping noise at intervals.

MickLey 21:13 12 Nov 2009

Every few minutes there is a pop followed by the Task Bar appearing and staying locked for about a minute, can anyone help me please?
Gordon

birdface 07:56 13 Nov 2009

Tools Pop Up blocker.Settings. Untick Play a sound.And show information bar.

MickLey 22:04 13 Nov 2009

Thanks for your response buteman, however, I can't find Link you refer to, can you please help further? I use Firefox browser.
Thank you.

birdface 10:46 14 Nov 2009

Sorry that was for I/E.
Maybe download and update and run this just to make sure that your computer is clean.
You want the free version.

click here

MickLey 18:44 17 Nov 2009

Thanks again buteman. I downloaded from the link, but the problem persists. Any other ideas?
The download is useful.
Thank you

birdface 18:57 17 Nov 2009

Hi MickLey Sorry nothing has worked .
You really need someone that uses Firefox to help you with this.
Although I have used Firefox before I cannot imagine what is causing your problem.
I know that there is something in tools options that you can get to make a noise when something is blocked but cant visualize it without using Firefox.
I am sure someone will put you on the right track.But why the Taskbar should freeze at the same time I have no idea.
I take it that you have the latest version of Firefox downloaded.
Can you disable your add-ons temporarily to see if it works ok without them.

woodchip 19:04 17 Nov 2009

Look in Options in the Browser for setting on Popups Change Warnings I use Flock that uses Firefox engine so Options is under Tools in my Browser. Then look under Security Warning or alerts

MickLey 16:57 11 Dec 2009

Hello again buteman & woodchip,
Sorry about the long delay in replying but the problem still exists, I have recently downloaded a program called Rapport on bank advice, maybe the problem is with that. I will remove it and see if the problem goes away.
Thanks again.
Gordon

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?