pop3 returns to 'localhost' from BT Openworld

HelloToYou 18:27 28 Jun 2004

I have PC-cillin as my virus checker and firewall - I use to have Zonealarm pro as the firewall. My problem is that when I shut down and re-boot the POP3 reverts from 'mail.btopenworld.com' back to 'localhost'. I have tried shutting off the virus checker and ensuring that all previous versions of PC-cillin have been removed I have uninstalled Zonealarm Pro and have uninstalled and reinstalled PC-cillin but to no avail. I need HELP!!!!!

tnt115 18:39 28 Jun 2004

Hi

i had the same problem as you before the only sugustion i got from support at that the anti virus changes it and there is nothing u can do about that . the only thing they told me is to uninstall it and use a different anti virus

HelloToYou 19:03 28 Jun 2004

Thanks for that ......... PC-cillin told me it was an old version of the virus checker that was causing the problem but there is no old versions on my system. BT OPenworld says the same.

HelloToYou 08:22 29 Jun 2004

I have discovered the problem....... When I originally had Zone Alarm as my fire wall etc it came with anti Spam software (SpamNet). When I removed Zone Alarm, SpamNet remained and kept resetting my POP3 on start up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?