Pop-ups on this site

Carafaraday 17:06 23 Nov 2006

Windows XP and IE7

I am now getting the pop-up blocked banner on this site. Not every time, seems to be random. Have run AdAware and Skybot. AVG (free) is up to date and run daily. Is this happening to anyone else and should I be concerned?

Totally-braindead 17:10 23 Nov 2006

I noticed it was doing it to me as well in the past couple of days and I was wondering whether I've altered anything.

Carafaraday 17:12 23 Nov 2006

Totally-braindead. Thanks for your reply. I'm pretty sure I haven't altered anything (at least not intentionally).

Pamy 17:15 23 Nov 2006

I do not get any banner, just a sound , but I just ignore it

Graham. 17:16 23 Nov 2006

Last thing we need, pop-ups. I get the warning, too.

Carafaraday 17:21 23 Nov 2006

Perhaps if enough people moan about it some kind person at PCA will sort it?

Totally-braindead 17:25 23 Nov 2006

That is presumming it is the website causing this. I think it is as I don't recall altering anything.

sunny staines 17:28 23 Nov 2006

not getting any banners or sounds, unless you mean those annoying boxes that appear if you lapse and move your mouse pointer over green fonts.

Carafaraday 17:30 23 Nov 2006

I'm wondering if it only happens when I am not logged in? I logged in so that I could post this thread and haven't had a pop-up warning since...

taffyal 17:50 23 Nov 2006

They're a nuisance. For instance on this page if my pointer moves over Windows XP I get Ask wanting to tell me about XP!On pop-up I'm offered a MSN pop up bar. I dare say now I've written this, they'll appear in green to annoy other people.I'm on Firefox, but just checked, its same in I.E.I wouldnt buy anything from these ads, even if it was the best bargain going!

Al94 17:52 23 Nov 2006

Just got a Dell pop up whilst on this site only

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?