pop up pages, enough is enough

harristweed 10:04 28 Jul 2007

Evertime I visit this site I now get two or three pages popping up advertising Dell stuff. I realize that ads pay for the site but I find these even more annoying than the flash ones that used to cover everything!

I therefore won't be back. Goodbye everybody and thanks to those that helped me in the past.

gibbs1984 10:52 28 Jul 2007

Strange, I don't get any.

Forum Editor 11:56 28 Jul 2007

they're sponsored pop-ups, and are extremely easy to close, or avoid altogether, if that's what you want to do.

Flouncing off in a public huff never cuts much ice with me - if I felt so strongly about a web forum's advertising I would simply walk away, I wouldn't throw one of these 'I'm off, so goodbye' tantrums.

rachwelian 21:07 29 Jul 2007

I think you need to get a popup blocker, and then come back! Don't let a few measly things like adverts scare you away...

SANTOS7 21:59 29 Jul 2007

harristweed, me old coconut that is a pathetic atitude to take for something that is so simply avoided, the pop-ups in question are activated by the links (coloured green) if you do happen to run your mouse pointer across one of these you get a pop-up which if you click your mouse button straight away disappears as fast as it came.
If you avoid these links while you are browsing,which is very easy to do, you will not get any pop-ups at all.....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone