Pop up box on clicking hover buton

murgle 13:13 15 Feb 2004

I am in the final stages of building my new vehicle sales Website and would like to to include a form in a pop up window.

If you follow this link (click here) it will take you to the Toyota Hilux stock page. In each vehicle description there is a button for more infomration. How can I make a pop up window appear instead of a whole new page opening.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
Ian

PurplePenny 13:24 15 Feb 2004

A bit of JavaScript should do the trick. Take a look at The JavaScript Source, you might find something on there:

click here

In fact I think that Taran posted a whole slew of links in answer to a similar question. I'll post a link to that thread if I can find it.

PP

PurplePenny 15:51 15 Feb 2004

are in this thread:

click here

murgle 18:09 15 Feb 2004

Thanks very much. I found a nice script and have written it in to the Honda CRX page click here

The only problem is, it has generated its own button called "open the pop up window", how do I use the code that is in this button and make it work on the "info" button in the vehicle description.

I have used frontpage 2000 to build the site and the 3 buttons "more info", "purchase procedure" and "order" have been created using hover button.

Many thanks
Ian

Taran 18:04 16 Feb 2004

The script you use will have its own button code and may or may not be configurable to do what you want.

You have a line of code in your page as follows:

<input type=button value="Open the Popup Window" onClick="javascript:popUp('Vehicle_Information.htm')">

Insert the code from that link into your More info button code.

If you post the actual script name and web address of it, one of us will try and look into it for you further.

murgle 22:11 17 Feb 2004

Thanks Taran, I tried it, but it didn't work. I have decided to replace the hover buttons with hyperlinks and it works a treat.

Thanks again for your help, I may look changing it back to a hover button but for now, but I just wanted to get the site up.

I'm sure I'll be back with a few more questions (if you don't mind).

Ian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?