Pop up blocker problems

Charlie Babbage 22:43 07 Apr 2005

I installed a pop up blocker from the mag - can't even remember what is was called now as subsequently deleted (see below). Likewise, did install the Google toolbar which has a pop up blocker but again deleted.

The problem I have is that my bank (click here) has an initial welcome screen which asks if you want Internet banking or another option. I want Internet banking but when I click on that link 'Error on page' displays in the bottom left hand corner where, usually, 'Done' is displayed.

Another problem is with my antivirus provider (click here). That displays a pop up screen for downloads but when the screen appearsit is totally blank.

TIA for any advice as to how to solve these problems.

My browser is IE v 5.50 and I run Windows ME.

VoG II 22:46 07 Apr 2005
  THE TERMINATOR 22:55 07 Apr 2005

If your browser once opened your banking site, then why don't you try a system restore to before you installed the offending program(s).

Charlie Babbage 22:56 07 Apr 2005

... sorry, when I click on your link, and others (including my own above!) I get the dreaded blank page descibed in my original post.

Please can you give your URL like this which will hopefully prevent it showing as a direct link:
(www)(dot) (pcadvisor) (dot)(co) (dot)(uk)

Thanks

VoG II 22:57 07 Apr 2005

http: //windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFIX.htm

Charlie Babbage 21:02 16 Apr 2005

... you're a star!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?