pop art

mothercranky 19:18 10 Apr 2007

hi folks

am still tryin to get my stupid head around photoshop, does anyone know how to do a "pop art" effect? or colour one area of a pic a really vivid contrasting colour?

thanking you all as ever x

Totally-braindead 20:09 10 Apr 2007

mothercranky not being funny I mean this as a serious suggestion, have you tried your local library for a book. Photoshop is one of the most popular programs and my library has half a dozen books dedicated to Photoshop. If you're beginning at Photoshop I particularly recommend the Dummies guides to Photoshop click here very easy to work through but not something you would want to buy as its a bit too basic.

mothercranky 21:48 10 Apr 2007

thank you, and i didnt think you were being funny for a minute! but i have been helped quickly on here before, and i was thinking of using this idea for a present for my friend next week if i can work it out!

santamonica 22:21 10 Apr 2007

Hi my knowledge of PS is rusty and we may be using a different version but i seem to remember some funky effects in FILTERS ...which i think is located on one of the top tab bars ...sorry to be vague... hope it helps

Totally-braindead 16:49 11 Apr 2007

click here I did a search for photoshop instructions and it came out with this, perhaps what you want is there.
Sorry I can help but I hardly use it now prefering the free Picassa 2, and Faststone Image Viewer, very basic but they do all I need.

Polygonal lass 18:53 11 Apr 2007

Hi,

I have written four pop art lessons with Photoshop CS2 - they may help!

click here

Or, try this one. click here

PS I am currently updating my site, and some internal links are being updated!

Kate B 19:38 11 Apr 2007

Great tutorials, though I wish you'd ditch the bouncy ball on your name - it's very distracting.

mothercranky 20:28 11 Apr 2007

fantastic - thanks to you all xx

mothercranky 20:52 11 Apr 2007

odear, my photoshop doesnt look like yours, am stumped at the 1st hurdle!!!

Polygonal lass 07:17 12 Apr 2007

Mothercranky, e-mail (from my website) and I will guide you through!

Kate B, Thank you, and yes, I was thinking that myself - bouncy I's will be duly ditched.

Polygonal Lass.

Kate B 11:44 12 Apr 2007

Brilliant, thanks for taking the feedback on board.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?