Poor quality colour printing

steved99 15:40 16 Dec 2006

My Epson Stylus C670 is producing colour prints which are both too green and have distinct horizontal bands on them. I've done a print nozzle check which showed gaps in the red section. I've cleaned the print heads numerous times and even installed a brand new ink cartridge but no improvement. Despite the head cleaning and new cartridge, the red section still has faint or missing "lines" in about 60% of the printout from the nozzle check utility. Any help greatly appreciated.

Pidder 15:57 16 Dec 2006

Possibly a nozzle cleaning cartridge indicated. Suggest try Choice Stationery.

steved99 16:04 16 Dec 2006

Never heard of a nozzle cleaning cartridge before. I've searched on the Choice Stationery website but nothing found. Are you saying to buy a special cartridge for nozzle cleaning? Please clarify. Thanks

Pidder 16:18 16 Dec 2006

Yes. I have an Epson 680, not had this prob, yet, but believe the nozzles are separate from the cartridges.Possibly dried ink is the cause. Suggest a search for a cleaning cartridge.

Blitzer 16:35 16 Dec 2006

My printer at work was doing pretty much the same, i.e. one of the colours was basically not printing. As suggested this is most likely to be caused by a the print head itself becoming blocked with ink. My boss was intending to get my printer fixed by a local computer shop he said it was about £10 to get done. The printer driver software was also saying that internal parts needed. Up-shot is that the printer stopped working and was replaced. If your printer is old (I don't recognise the model number) perhaps replacement might be worth considering? i.e. possibly more cost effective?

steved99 16:53 16 Dec 2006

Thanks Pidder - I found some at cartridgemonkey.com. I'll try them when they arrive and hopefully it will do the trick. Happy Christmas!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?