poor photo quality on screen

locky 22:23 12 Oct 2003

when i open photos or download them from my camera they appear like a semi negative effect. recently whilst on the internet the icons on screen were larger than normal, i received a message from real one that they operate on 800*600 pixels. i changed the display settings and this has had no effect can anyone help solve my problem.

john

Djohn 22:32 12 Oct 2003

What size is your monitor display? and what colour setting do you have? j.

MAJ 22:33 12 Oct 2003

Which operating system are you using, locky? What are your display and color settings set at now?

Djohn 15:43 13 Oct 2003

Received by email from locky.

===================================

my system is running on win 98 se, the graphics card is 3dfx voodoo 3 the screen area is 800*600 with 256 colours. i hop this helps you solve my problem.

===============================================

I've given a more detailed reply to locky direct to help him restore his display. I don't mind at all in anyone contacting me, and I will always try to help, but to help others and yourself, it's always better to post back to the thread itself.

Right click on your desktop and choose properties, then settings. From there you should be able to select a higher colour, 16, 24, 32 bit, or it may just say "High colour" choose one of the above and click on "Apply" then "OK".

If you do not see this option, then click on "Advanced" then the adaptor tab/properties/driver tab. Click on "Update driver", follow the on-screen instructions and insert your driver CD into the CD drive, click on "OK" and your display will be updated.

Reboot your PC and go back to the properties/settings window and you will now be able to adjust your colour to a higher setting. 16 bit will be fine. j.

locky 10:52 14 Oct 2003

many thanks to pc advisor for this helproom forum and a special thanks to djohn for his advice in getting my system display back to normal.

john-232317 14:32 14 Oct 2003

What a nice thank you.

Nice one locky.

Djohn 14:58 14 Oct 2003

Your very welcome, and thank your for your post above. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?