Poor colour repro using Canon Printer & Scanner

I have a Canon Pixma ip5000 printer and a Lide 80 scanner. Recently my printing has not been matching on screen colours and also scanning is giving a pinky hue with browns instead of blacks and greys. Is there anything I can dfo about this? Thanks!

howard64 11:36 28 Aug 2008

it may be a callibration problem - monitors have to be setup to show correct colours or what looks ok does not print ok - or you could have a dirty printhead on the printer if this has only just happened. You could look for an updated driver for your printer.

Sea Urchin 11:38 28 Aug 2008

Presumably you're not running out of ink?

jack 12:17 28 Aug 2008

Dirty/failing print head/ Monitors/Printer Differences as stated/ even paper tyoe belive it or not.
So many variables
Google for some sites such as this one
click here
or take a trawl through this
click here
Much technical talk with regard to commercial printing so you will have to pass over those.
This too to have a look through
click here

Thanks will check for updated drivers and also ink levels and clean heads through. If it's callibration how do I do that?
Will also have a trawl through the links- much appreciated thanks!

David4637 13:15 29 Aug 2008

If you don't print a colour image once per week (can be a small test piece of colours), you are most likely to get a partially blocked print head in the long term. You will probably need to clean the print head with hot distilled water over night, or unblocking "ink", which can be purchased. David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?