Point & Shoot Digital Camera

Gnomic Lance 19:11 23 Jun 2006

My elderly mother could use a Point & Shoot Digital Camera, with user-friendly use being most important. What model would you recommend.

I expect one that one that would fit in the handbag would be best!

I stuck a pin a came up with the Pentax Optio WPi, just in case my digital camera gives up the ghost. Has this one got spot focusing?

Even, I do not like too many buttons, in case I press the wrong one. I liked my manual SLR until it broke down. Didn't like waiting for the film to come back though.

bluto1 19:19 23 Jun 2006

Saw an advert in one of the tabloids today for a digicamera (not miniature) for about &29.99. I think it was Asda. If I remember rightly it was a point and shoot without the rigmarole of setting up etc. Sorry I can`t help anymore.

rick90 22:16 23 Jun 2006

cheap digi camera with 3mp or more but add a optical zoom (3times) and you broaden the usefulness of the camera.also memory of cheap cameras is pretty small,but with prices of memory cards falling thats no problem.For your,e gran a 125 sd or any format would suffice.for your,e self 5mega pixels and a 500 card should do.best of luck as lots of cam prices droping just now.Rick.

aca 22:52 23 Jun 2006

I have just got one of these

click here

wanted something simple for my son but with good quality pics.

My son is 9 and finds it very simple to use.

Excellent condition for refurb.

woodchip 23:08 23 Jun 2006

For the Above click here

click here

Stuartli 23:39 23 Jun 2006

Most digital cameras can be used on a point and shoot basis - the facility to use more advanced methods are built in.

kevinjuan 09:19 24 Jun 2006

i have the predecessor, the 5.0 Mp WP. I have had no trouble with it at all.

The build quality is great, its simple to use, lightweight and fits easily in the pocket.

I use it most weeks to record the building work that i do & have taken hundreds of pics in the last couple of years.

I have also run it under the tap to clean it!!

Gnomic Lance 10:19 24 Jun 2006

Is it recommended to buy a printer with it?

Or is the ink too expensive?

kevinjuan 12:26 24 Jun 2006

I have not used a dedicated photo printer so I cannot comment on them.

What i do is take the memory card or a CD of photos to a print shop and have them print them off.

Gnomic Lance 12:50 24 Jun 2006

I didn't say Granny. She could not have used any sort of camera, even when she was alive!

As my printer has gone wrong again, I will pop in the print shop and see how much it costs to print out photographs?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

How to find a font: Discover the name of a typeface with these apps

The best iPhone for 2017

Comment créer un compte PayPal pour payer en ligne ?