PM email facility seems to be back - green envelope

lotvic 11:56 04 Jun 2013
Answered

Anybody tried it out yet? When I click on green envelope I get popup form/email ready for me to type message into.

wiz-king 11:59 04 Jun 2013

you have a message

lotvic 12:14 04 Jun 2013

I got an email, it says:

"wiz-king wants to send you an email. Click on the link below to action this.

Upon clicking the link you will receive the email and you and wiz-king will be able to send emails to each other from PCA Forums directly."

I've clicked on 'Accept' and am now waiting for your email message to arrive, popup says it will be sent shortly.

Chronos the 2nd 12:17 04 Jun 2013

How odd, I though that as one or two members 'allegedly' received unpleasant PM's that the rest of us were to be denied this useful feature.

Quite often I have been able to perhaps supply a small component at no cost to another member but this proved a pain in the nether regions to accomplish.

Good to see it back.

amonra 12:46 04 Jun 2013

I see no green envelope, where is it ?

lotvic 12:46 04 Jun 2013

No email received as yet.

I'm having all sorts of problem on pca site now, I can't post links as the icons are missing from above reply to topic box and even Ctrl+L doesn't bring up the link popup.

Disabling AdBlock+ has had no effect, the icons are still not there.

I get a couple of notes blast of sound - is this from one of the adverts? - then sound cuts off abruptly.

Think pca backroom are tinkering again...

amonra 12:47 04 Jun 2013

OK, apologies, wrong glasses, see it now.

lotvic 12:49 04 Jun 2013

amonra, it's at the left, next to name of poster in a thread.

Chronos the 2nd 12:53 04 Jun 2013

I too have lost the icons and preview box, so still plenty of the usual gremlins then?

lotvic 12:57 04 Jun 2013

Looks like it Chronos :~ I'm off to do other stuff now, will post back when I finally get wiz-king's email message, it's still not arrived.

Nontek 14:13 04 Jun 2013

Brilliant, don't use it often, but great to have that ability again!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?