PLZ Provide feedback

imjasonurnot 19:24 26 Apr 2004

This is my 1st site
i have been slowly working on it for months

im always improving it somehow

any suggestions on content or layout

i want to change the layout with out drastically changing the page..

click here

imjasonurnot 20:11 26 Apr 2004

Well i am a computer tech
i work for an ISP and this site was created for us techie's
to help people remove spyware, virus off thier computer systems and more

I Have some programs to protect your computer from spyware

i understand your wary of .exe
but all these files are the maker i just host em
for ease of access.

imjasonurnot 20:33 26 Apr 2004

thanx for the feedback
ill write something
and put it up today or tomorrow

Taran 22:24 26 Apr 2004

Your page requires horizontal scrolling, even on a large monitor.

There are a few reasons why, but it's mainly because you've used a combination of table width percentages and one or two rogue contradictions, like <TD width=1027> tags within the main table. Contradictory tags send your layout all over and this is what has happened in your case.

You have a code error below your "Anti-Virus Removal" sub-title within the page. There is an unusual tag setup that should be a link, or perhaps that was a link but is no longer one:

It reads as follows:

<A title=" >Anti-Virus Help - Provides links and more removal tools"
href="http: // www . supportcave. com/antivirus.html" target=_blank a <>

You've split the link into an unclosed code block, with the title between parts of the link tags.

It should read something along the lines of:

<

a href="" target="_blank" title="Provides links and more removal tools">Anti-Virus Help

</a>

You see the way the display text is wrapped by the actual hyperlink, and the title"" part of the link code will give you your pop-up on mouseover. I've also broken it up into parts for display purposes, but you get the idea.

Further down the page you have a closing front tag, like this </FONT> without an opening tag in front of it.

It's a large and interesting selection of links and a useful resource. You do have a great deal of code going on in there though, which makes it a little bit busy, and those contradictory tags throw your layout off to one side.

I'll be interested to follow this and see where you go with it.

Forum Editor 23:00 26 Apr 2004

You need a homepage that introduces your resource, so that visitors are aware of the context. Nothing deters people more than clicking a link and being hit with the download dialogue for a .exe file - I would normally depart the site immediately in such circumstances. These files must be introduced and described, so that people know exactly what they're letting themselves in for. Black backgrounds also tend to radiate mysery and/or menace, and for some reason can make a perfectly innocent page look suspect.

You have the makings of an excellent resource there - do it the justice it deserves and put an introductory front page onto it. Give careful thought to the look of it as well, because it's almost as important as the content when it comes to holding traffic. I like what you've got there, and I can see it being a great success with a little more development - I'm certainly bookmarking it for future inspection.

imjasonurnot 23:26 26 Apr 2004

thanx Taran & forum

"There are a few reasons why, but it's mainly because you've used a combination of table width percentages and one or two rogue contradictions, like <TD width=1027> tags within the main table. Contradictory tags send your layout all over and this is what has happened in your case. "

im working on this now, but
i want the digital spyder at the top left
the windows update on the right top
and all the rest in the middle
this is my html test/work in progress site
click here

ya i noticed the AV help and fixed it already

i know very little about building a web page i hack around in note pad and use dreamweaver to
help fix the errors, but i need time to learn as im getting a tad frustrated with it at time...

i bought traffic blaze and its showing A LOT of html errors so im slowly fixing em

imjasonurnot 23:51 26 Apr 2004

Forum Editor u said
"You have the makings of an excellent resource there - do it the justice it deserves and put an introductory front page onto it. Give careful thought to the look of it as well, because it's almost as important as the content when it comes to holding traffic. "

i learn by example got any sites your could show me so i can see an example of them to get more ideas

and im slowing working on your input
beta.supportcave.com

thanx again for your input

Forum Editor 07:21 27 Apr 2004

Web design involves doing several things apart from coding, and one of them is research. Take a look around the web and you'll find plenty of examples.

Imagine that you're a visitor to your site - look at it as if you had never seen it before - and then write a page that will inform and reassure people. Tell them the purpose of the site, and explain how things will happen. Add some imagery of you can, it helps tyo hold peoples' attention and prevents the tension that occurs when you present someone with a page filled with text.

Come back to your thread and let us know when you've got something to show, and we'll take another look at it. Spend time on this - it's very important.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?