plz help again

jules76ukuk 11:42 17 Dec 2007

yesterday i posted this....

plz plz plz help me am going outta my mind now, i changed over to BT over a month ago and may seem coincidental but i have alsways also had AVG etc but past 2 weeks i keep getting a message up virtually all the time now saying IE has encountered and problem and needs to close, debug or close!
when i clik more details its saying modname urlmon.dll.

i have run vrus scan also spybot and ad-aware and got rid of stuff.
Also my son has told me his pc upstairs which is wireless where as mine through ethernet, his is doing same encountering a problem.

its just annoying now i am fairly pc literate but not a genius lol if you know what i mean but can hardly do owt on here now without it having to close
from the bottom of me heart am desperate plz help if you can

and i got back the reply of

Try registering that file. Go to Start > Run and type in:

regsvr32 urlmon.dll

but since then it worked ok for good 5-6 hours and then suddenly its appearing again...

its really becoming an annoyance and keep going to run and doing same thing but nothing xxx

ambra4 11:49 17 Dec 2007

Check this site

click here

MAJ 11:51 17 Dec 2007

Which version of IE and Windows are you using, jules76ukuk? Have you tried going to Start > Run, type in:

SFC /SCANNOW

and click OK. Let Windows check for and replace any corrupt system files. You might need your Windows CD.

birdface 12:23 17 Dec 2007
  birdface 12:27 17 Dec 2007

Googled.click here=

birdface 09:58 18 Dec 2007

It may have been this up-date from Microsoft.click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?