Plus.net Upgrade Problems???

RE1772 12:57 15 Oct 2006

I have been away for a few days and upon my return i found an email from Plus.Net telling me that they had upgraded my broadband. I use Windows XP. Since then, I have had problems with hanging applications, predominately with access to the internet (IE, Incredimail and the OU's Firstclass software) and my computer hangs on shutdown - the shutdown issue doesnt occur when i am in safe mode. I know that Plus.Net warns of broadband connection stability for a short period, but that shouldnt affect the performance of my PC? Has anyone else suffered similar problems? Do they go away naturally? Or does someone have any other ideas as to what is happening? Many thanks

rsinbad 13:12 15 Oct 2006

I hgave had the same email today ;but no change in my connection speed yet. There is a peroid of settling down whilst bt configure the optimum speed. Your router needs to be connected as long as possible for the assesment period.

should not effect the non related internet programs. many have experienced problems with the changeover.

Hope things run smooothly for me not holding my breath.

RE1772 13:19 15 Oct 2006

I hope so. Something else i forgot to mention is that my wireless laptop doesn't seem to have any of the problems, just the desktop that is wired to the router.

rsinbad 13:28 15 Oct 2006

Thats strange may need to check your desktop for any problems. May be an idea to reboot your router leave unplugged for a minute see if that helps.

changing the mtu value may help

RE1772 13:31 15 Oct 2006

mtu value? can you expand slightly please

rsinbad 13:43 15 Oct 2006

You can change your mtu value in the router setting depending on the router you have usually under wan settings.

mine is set for 1478 my default was 1500 but some sites i could not connect to lowering this valy=ue cured that.

Try this will do it all for you click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?