Plusnet problems?

mousee 21:02 16 Jun 2007

I hope someone can help me before I go crazy, I use Plsunet as my ISP, a Belkin wireless router and Linksys wireless card and have been having problems for a few months, but now its getting worse, About every 3rd page I go to on the net I'm shown a time out page with the message "adjust your setting and ensure that Firefox can access the net" and then I have to "retry" this sometimes works, other times it doesn't, I contacted Plusnet who informed me that this was because my phone line hadn't been enabled to ADSL2, they would do it and increase my broadband speed from .5 meg to 1.5 meg, crap, I still cannot get over .5 meg and am still getting time outs, my computer is only 3 years old and has been taken back to the shop where it was built and the guy there who is very genuine tells me there is nothing wrong with the settings.
Plusnet are owned by BT, I wonder is it worth joining BT and let them sort it out as they seem to be ignoring the Plusnet customers, or has anyone out there with a brilliant mind got any suggestions, any help at all would be great as I have a 6 year old Autistic son and he spends a lot of time on the computer as part of his rehabilitation and its starting to get him upset.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?