Plug USB deck in, start Audacity, set preferences

Sapins 15:57 06 Aug 2009

and press the record button? As Tommy Cooper said "just like that" but it isn't.

I have XP Home with SP3, the Graphics card is an N Vidia GeForce 6200(No DB) I am trying to record some LP's to the hard drive to burn them to Cd's. I have a USB turntable NEONUMERIC NVUSB-1 and I have installed Audacity version 1.2.6. I cannot set the preferences to USB Audio Codec as it is not showing as the recording device. I have disconnected all USB devices and it still does not work. When I plug in the USB turntable I get the usual d-dong but nothing is showing in MY Computer or the Audacity recording devices. all Audacity shows is MME:REACTEK AC 97 AUDIO AND MME:MICROSOFT SOUND MAPPER-OUTPUT.

I have followed to the letter the instructions from Audacity and I cannot hear any sound, it looks to me like it is recording but I can't find any recorded music!

Any help to solve this will be greatly appreciated.

Sapins 18:00 06 Aug 2009

Anybody?

shellship 18:04 06 Aug 2009

It took me a long time to work it out, too, and I am desperately trying to remember what I did. You go to Edit/Preferences and there you set the in and out bits. I did mine by trial and error. Sorry not to be more helpful.

Sapins 18:36 06 Aug 2009

Hello, it's always helpful to receive a reply, thanks.

I have been to preferences and set the all the ones advised by Audacity as per click here still no luck.

Sapins 18:44 06 Aug 2009

I have just gone through the first paragraph of my link, I restarted Audacity and lo and behold off it went recording. Audacity recognised the turntable in preferences. Now I can put all my LP's on to Cd's and I have 2 friends who want to borrow the turntable to do their records.

shellship 11:26 07 Aug 2009

Great. Well done.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?