plug a cable to the network adapter

princess1980 01:49 01 Dec 2008

hi, i have a hp pavilion dv6000, operates with windows vista. i have internet connection with comcast and connect wireless with a router. i havent had a problem but now my wireles switch is on, with orange light and doesnt detect my wireless. when i click diagnose and repair it says "plug a cable into the network adapter, local area connection." if i remove the router and try to connect through usb, since i dont have to connect through eternet, it tells me to download software which i cant cause i have no internet. what can i do, please help.

ambra4 04:26 01 Dec 2008

“I have Internet connection with Comcast and connect wireless with a router”

Make and Model number of wireless router?

And how is it connected to Comcast broadband

How is the hp pavilion dv6000 wireless connected to the router USB wireless adapter, Internal

wireless card

“If I remove the router and try to connect through USB”

USB what? A USB modem or the USB port on the Comcast modem

If a USB modem or via the USB port on the Comcast modem you need to install the USB

modem software before it will work

“When i click diagnose and repair it says "plug a cable into the network adapter, local area connection”

Which is the Ethernet LAN card in the computer, which is connected to one of the LAN port on

the wireless router via a Ethernet cable

“Since I don’t have to connect through Ethernet”

Not to sure what you mean by that statement

So how was the wireless router set up if you do not have an Ethernet connection?

It is strongly recommended by ALL router suppliers that you use a physically connected cable

to the Router via a Ethernet RJ45 cable for router setup.

Using a wireless connected computer for setup is NOT recommended to access router setup at

any time.

princess1980 04:45 01 Dec 2008

the router is a D-Link model wbr-1310. i have it connected to my desktop using the ethernet cable. the router works fine i can connect with other pc except the hp pavilion dv6000. the switch that turn on and off the wireless is on but still orange and doesnt recognizes any networks. i have a comcast modem. when i disconnect the router and try to connect the modem directly with laptop using the usb cable that come with the modem(modem came with ethernet cable and usb cable) it says unable to locate software. i install the software that came with modem before i installed the usb cable. i followed the intructions step by step. once finished i have no internet connection cause it doesnt recognize the usb cable. what i meant by 'Since I don’t have to connect through Ethernet” on my laptop i dont have to plug the ethernet cable that came with modem.

ambra4 07:25 01 Dec 2008

“The switch that turns on and off the wireless is on but still orange and doesn’t recognizes any networks”

The switch only turn on the wireless card antenna you have to also enable the wireless area

network card

Check that the wireless card is Enable from inside the Network Connection Area

Start-Setting-Network Connection-Right click-Wireless Network Connection-Enable or Disable as required

Some times you have to Disable and Enable before the card will connect to the wireless system

ambra4 07:37 01 Dec 2008

“The router works fine I can connect with other pc except the hp pavilion”

Can you access the Internet if you connect an Ethernet cable from the router to the hp pavilion?

You have to Enable the “Local Area Connection” in Network Connection

ambra4 02:36 08 Dec 2008

I notice that you have ticked the resolved box and your HP laptop can how access the Internet

It would help other non-technical users on the forum if you would gave a short feed back on

how the wireless problem on your HP was solved

Zaphod 3 05:31 08 Dec 2008

If the wireless light is orange the wireless card is faulty and probably needs to go back to HP. My stepson's one did when it had the same fault.

click here

Zaphod 3 05:31 08 Dec 2008

should have stated that the light is normally blue when it is all behaving properly

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?