Please tell me what cable i need!

  ski2003 19:15 19 Aug 2007

I have an x box 360 and need to connect it to my modem, i`d be much appreciated if someone could tell me the name of the cable and where to get it from. I know theres one in the box but its not long enough, i need 15metres. thank you.

  Strawballs 22:16 19 Aug 2007

Is there any writing on the cable that came in the box.

  ambra4 04:31 20 Aug 2007

Take the cable to your local computer or gaming shop they would be able to help you

  irishrapter 19:22 20 Aug 2007

Hold the two ends of the cable side by side.
Looking at the colours of the wires see if the colours are the same for each pin, i.e pin 1 on one end is the same as pin 1 on the other.
If they are the same then the cable is a Straight through cable. If they are not then its a cross over.

Some examples of a straight though cable, click here
click here
click here

A Crossover Cable click here

  CodenameCueball 17:43 23 Aug 2007

for a modem / switch / router - ethernet cables are the normal type

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?