please somebody HELP!!!!!

poundy 17:12 06 Jan 2008

I have just bought one digital photo frame and cannot get the pictures to work on my camera. I have tried a card reader ( WHICH WILL DISPLAY MY PICTURES ON MY PC ) but for some reason the card says no file when its put back into my camera. Anybody have any advice or solutions

p;3 17:28 06 Jan 2008

(you might be advised to start a fresh thread with a more appropriate and informative title than merely 'please somebody help')

Woolwell 17:32 06 Jan 2008

More info required:
What type of card eg SD?
Make of camera?
Make of digital photoframe?
How did the photos get on the card in the first place?
What size of card?

poundy 17:47 06 Jan 2008

I am haveing trouble getting my CaplioR5 and Pentax Optio 30 cameras to read a sandisk card after I have put photos back onto the card.But I can read the card from card reader onto pc, so I know there are photos on it. Any help please

bremner 17:49 06 Jan 2008

Did you format the card on the computer or in the camera?

Meshuga 17:53 06 Jan 2008

I had just finished checking back the last 24 hours and there was not one thread that did not have a descriptive title, Then up popped this one HELP. Thought it was too good to be true. Will they never learn?

DieSse 17:58 06 Jan 2008

Pictures put onto a card from eleswhere may not read in a camera.

This is because even though they may all be jpg files, camera files are often exif format jpgs - and cameras often can't read non-exif files.

MAJ 18:04 06 Jan 2008

"I am haveing trouble getting my CaplioR5 and Pentax Optio 30 cameras to read a sandisk card after I have put photos back onto the card.But I can read the card from card reader onto pc, so I know there are photos on it. Any help please"

Cameras usually store captured pictures in a folder that is a step or two down the directory tree, for example:

Camera > Camera's name\ Name of Picture Folder\ Date Pictures taken\ Picture.jpg

If you don't re-save the picture back to that folder, rather than in the root of the memory card, the camera wont be able to see the picture file.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?