Please recommend a good 19" LCD monitor for video

MarkJayne 21:07 06 Jan 2008

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a good 19" LCD monitor that will be great for video playback. I currently have a Viewsonic VP2130B which is a fantastic monitor, but it can only support 60hz at its 1600x1200 native resolution. I view and edit a lot of HD video and have noticed that the playback can be a little jerky on this monitor. I've viewed footage on other LCD's which are set at 75hz and playback is much smoother.

It doesn't matter if its widescreen or not, I could also stretch to a 20" model.

Any help would be most welcome.

Mark.

Woolwell 22:13 06 Jan 2008

You don't state what your specs are of the PC. I could be wrong but I would think that your graphics set up is more likely to cause the jerkiness than the 60hz. I have a NEC 19" at 60hz and don't have any problems.

MarkJayne 22:25 06 Jan 2008

No my PC isn't the trouble. I've used an older 1280x1024 75hz on it and the videos run much smoother. I shoot at 50i HD which when de-interlaced is 25fps. Unless I run a refresh rate of 50, 75, or 100hz video will always play a little jerky, especially on panning shots.

Mark

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires