please i need some help before buying SSD

habs2habs 17:25 22 Feb 2015

Hi everyone

please i need some help before buying SSD.

i would like to buy samsung SSD 850 EVO.500GB

i have some questions to ask first and i hope to answer them one by one please.

I am doing a lot of (encoding,converting my movies to higher format H264,blu-ray,HD movies, creating my own blu-ray) movies for my family.

-Does SSD makes the encoding faster? -will the encoding cause any problem to SSD? -I am copying and pasting a lot of movies from another internal 2 HDD(from HDD to another HDD),NOT from SSD to internal HDD.

-Does the SDD makes the copying and pasting the movies from the other 2 internal HDD faster?

i hope to hear from you very soon

my kindest regards habs

BRYNIT 20:57 22 Feb 2015

IMO

"Does SSD makes the encoding faster?" No it will only be as fast as the program allows.

"Does the SDD makes the copying and pasting the movies from the other 2 internal HDD faster?" No it will only be as fast as the slowest drive.

Unless your Motherboard supports SATA-111 you will not gain much in speed.

habs2habs 16:58 07 Mar 2015

Dear BRYNIT

Thank you for your reply,and so sorry to reply late.

Yes i have ASUS(maximus VII ranger) motherboard.BIOS version 2012.

I am confused which SSD to buy for speed ,for game loading.

I want to install windows7 pro with all the windows update.other programs example(internet security,anti spyware,antimalware etc...)

I have a lot of games in (steam and origin websites).

Can i use program such as(advanced system care,Glarys utilities,ashampoo win optimizer)BUT NOT disk deframentation programs,as it will ruin my SSD

The SSD i am confused with are:(samsung 512GB evo 840,samsung 500gb 850 evo,crucial MX100 500gb,crucial MX200 512GB)the samsung PRO model are so expensive.

where can i buy cheap SSD in UK.

I hope to hear from you and from everyone please

thank you so much

Have a nice weekend all

My kindest regards habs

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:23 07 Mar 2015

Can i use program such as(advanced system care,Glarys utilities,ashampoo win optimizer

if your using all those, I'm surprised you haven't had problems as they are likely to clash, never mind the fact there are pretty useless anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?