PLEASE HELP WIRLESS VIRGIN MEDIA =[[[[[[[

Shaunhoare 23:32 27 Oct 2007

I purchased a Buffallo router (it is a rurbo G airstation one) and a usb card thingy so my other pc gets connected to this router (router is in living room usb adapter in my bedroom) and the router is working (im typing now =\) but when I try to connect my pc upstairs (with the usb thing)
it connects but web pages not showing =[[

I have virgin media internet modem thingy =\

PLEASE HELP ME NEED INTERNET =[[[[[ (I work from home on internet and one in front room my house mate uses)

THANKS IN ADVANCE I HOPE =[[ (I will get fired if I dont work =[[)

also I read people and they say do stuff and I did what they do hope this help

CMD says:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Cloud>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : cloud-9trf1vyt8
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Network Bridge:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : MAC Bridge Miniport
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 02-09-5B-8D-18-0D
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 0.0.0.0
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 0.0.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.255

C:\Documents and Settings\Cloud>

click here

click here

PLEASE HELP, I NEED TO WORK TO LIVE =[[

PS: My name's Cloud

irishrapter 23:52 27 Oct 2007

If that is your ipconfig from the computer you are having trouble with then the problem is to do with the wireless adapter as there is no mention of it in the config.

It looks like its installed okay but is it turned on?

Are you running the software that comes with the wireless device or are you letting windows configure it?

Shaunhoare 00:00 28 Oct 2007

running the software. how do I make qwindows configure it? what I do? im lost... I will get fired if I stop working too long.......

mgmcc 13:14 28 Oct 2007

Firstly, it appears that you have network adapters in a "Network Bridge". Highlight an adapter in the bridge, right click it and select "Remove from Bridge". Repeat for any other adapters in the bridge, then right click the bridge itself and delete it.

You now need to "Connect" your Wireless Network Adapter to the router. In other words, run the wireless adapter's software, scan for "Available Wireless Networks", find and highlight the one that matches your router's SSID (network name) and select the option to "Connect" to it. You should be prompted to enter any WEP or WPA encryption key and, once "Connected", the wireless adapter should get its IP address by DHCP from the router and you should have network and internet access.

There is a difference between the Wireless Network Adapter and Router communicating with a good signal and "Connecting" (as in "logging in") to your Wireless network.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?