Please Help - WebGUI

Bravo2Red 15:38 29 Aug 2007

Hi!

Here is my dilemma; I would like a CMS called WebGui (click here). It looks great, Sounds great and even smells great.

Anyway, The problem is that I don't really know how to install it (*Blush*). So I would if you would be able to help me?

Also I have an idea and it may sound really stupid but her is goes: Could I create a FTP account with limited access and if someone does kindly want to help me I could give them the User name and Password and they could do it? But it is only an idea.

Thanks For taking the time to read my post, Dan.

djbenny 19:29 29 Aug 2007

click here

should help

Bravo2Red 22:18 29 Aug 2007

Hey!

Yeah i have looked at that but i dont understand how to do it. :(

djbenny 08:36 30 Aug 2007

maybe you should go with something a bit more simple to install?

joomla or mambo for example?

Bravo2Red 18:22 30 Aug 2007

Hi.

The reason is that i have used all the old popular CMS before and have got tired of them and this webGUI looks good!

If you don't know how to do it then could you please direct me to something or someone that might be able to help me.

Thanks Dan

powerless 18:26 30 Aug 2007

Are you doing this locally or on a remote server?

Bravo2Red 22:18 30 Aug 2007

Hi,

I am hosting my site with a companie called dstinternet? On a remote server, i don't actually have contact with it. Server's in America somewhere and i am in the UK.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Dan.

powerless 16:33 01 Sep 2007

Those install commands are to be issued within the OS and also on Apache. I very much doubt that you will have have access to be able to do this.

Unless you have your own dedicated server?

I have a feeling you do not. Send an email of to your host to see if they can assist but I don't think you will get very far.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?