please help still got dvd prob

ozzy 123 17:11 13 Jan 2003
  ozzy 123 17:11 13 Jan 2003

Hi every one.
as i posted on a differant thread a couple of days ago i found out pc world had failed to re install my dvd decoder when they installed a new hard drive. they installed the wrong software package not the same as the package preinstalled when i bought the machine.over a period of a couple of months i have found differant things missing the latest was power dvd and my dvd decoder. when i opened a thread on this site on saturday some one kindly pointed me in the right direction as where to get another player and decoder.i downloaded them with no probs but when i play a dvd the movie comes up with half of the screen too far over to the right. i have uninstalled the decoder and player and re dodownloaded them but its still doing the same.(even in media player.)can any one please help.
when i rang pc worlds help line they told me to go on google and search for one my self. cheerz pc world for nothing the £250 i spent on a cover plan was a waste of money i think.
many thanks ozzy...

BRYNIT 17:45 13 Jan 2003

If you do not have the drivers/programs or a recovery disk that should have been supplied with the PC i would suggest you return to PC world for them to reinstall as B4 or to supply drivers/programs. so that you can use your computer.

ozzy 123 20:27 13 Jan 2003

hi brynit
ive got the new recovery discs but when theyve gone into the pc's settings they haven't enabled the dvd software and to be honest if the past service i have had from pc world is anything to go by id rather try and do it my self.
with a lot of help from people like you and all the other good people on this site.
many thanks i do appreciate everyones help im sure a lot of people would agree they'd be lost with out help from this site.
thanks again ozzy...

Timeforabeer 21:19 13 Jan 2003

when you say decoder..do you mean an Mpeg 2 card like Realmagic Hollywood or something similar?

woodchip 21:39 13 Jan 2003

How long have you had the computer, as I would go to PCworld where you got the computer just make it clear that you are not satisfied with the service and you want your problem sorted show them your cover that you payed for if you cannot get any satisfaction then go to consumer protection and tell them that the cover that you took out is worthless

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?