Please help, possible trojan hidden on my computer

cassius.uk 14:50 24 Oct 2006

Hi I have A-Squared Anti Malware Complete Edition, and have just run HijackFree. There is one particular entry I am worried about, when I do a online analysis. It shows:

"Port: 1047 TCP
Path: system (Process ID: 0)
Good: 0 - Bad: 1
View Details Requires Attention!
Compare details with your local values
and/or search at Google "

When I goto view details it shows:

"Port: 1047
Good: 0
Bad: 1

Status Port Protocol Description
1047 TCP GateCrasher.b, GateCrasher.c"

Should I be worried and if so how do I remove it. I have windows xp media centre with sp2, quite a new pc, zone alarm pro, nod 32 antivirus, and a2 anti malware full edition. Please help and advise how to remove if necessary, I have never had problems like this before. P.s I am not too computer literate.

Thank you

johndrew 15:10 24 Oct 2006

I sujest you look for expert help go to click here and if you need to sign up do so, then post your HJT log for analysis.

I have used this site, they`re good.

terryf 15:12 24 Oct 2006

A google says these are trojans, I don't know how to get rid but go to avg free and other spyware/av sites and search there

Technotiger 15:15 24 Oct 2006

Hi, any Trojan is a worry and you should try to get rid of it. I would suggest running all the Security type programs you have and also get more, such as CCleaner for instance. I am not sure, but a System Restore might help - if not then disabled System Restore and then run your programs as above. Nasties often 'hide' within System Restore.

Cheers and Good Luck

postie24 18:30 24 Oct 2006

Try running anti virus in safe mode,with system restore off

Kate B 18:40 24 Oct 2006

A Squared is good at shifting Trojans click here

Kate B 18:40 24 Oct 2006

Oops, just read your post again *slaps self for stupidity* You already have A Squared. Apologies!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017