please help with my laptop

hanbury22 16:06 09 Jul 2010

My laptop went off,turned it back on and it loads the advent screen,then it goes to the screen that says-'run in safe mode,,start windows normally etc. Tried all the options,,none of them work,,it wont go past that point after I click an option. If I try it in safe mode,it says its loading with all the necessary driver files,,the appear on a list on the screen,and will not go past the point where it says -' loadedwindowssystem32driversecache loadedwindowssystem32driversdisk.sys
loadedwindowssystem32driversCLASSPNP.SYS
loadedwindowssystem32driverscrcdisk.sys

I have also tried the boot options,,Nothing will gho past this though! Please help!!

birdface 16:35 09 Jul 2010

Have you tried tapping F8 as the computer starts and press last good configuration if you get in.
some laptops have a restore feature on them usually F10 or F11 as the computer starts.
Make sure you don't have a disc in the drive.

hanbury22 16:43 09 Jul 2010

hi,,its vista,,I have tried the reload cd,,It wont work,think its becauseI had a new harddrive put in about a year ago,,,,It loads the cd,I press R,,then it says-" This software is licensed to your computer manufacturer. Unable to determine BIOS lock BIOS Version: D3B11 Intel Celeron M CPU 450 Is this any use Thanx

I have tried all those options yes!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:51 09 Jul 2010

BIOS lock problem comes up because the recovery system is tied to the original equipment and now will not work as you have changed the hard drive.

How much RAM do you have? if 4G can you remove some and drop it down to 2G and then it should boot to safe mode and you can then carry out a repair by typing
sfc /scannow
in the search box.

When the repair is completed try and reboot the machine to normal mode.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone