please help with MSN messenger 6.2

bibo1465 10:41 27 Dec 2004

hi everyone

Please i need your help.i can't send any file through MSN messenger 6.2. My cousin have the same MSN messenger 6.2, when he sent me file i was able to see it on my computer and press accept to downloaded it.

But when i send him a file from my PC an error says:
The file **** had failed,my cousin can see it as well that he can't receive the file.

I have Zone alarm and norton internet seurity professional(firewall) I configure them both to accept the MSN messenger,but still can't send any file.

Can anyone help me please.

Thank you so much in advance
bibo1465

ACOLYTE 10:49 27 Dec 2004

I think your problem is to many firewalls both working at the same time one of witch is blocking
file transfers.

Dorsai 10:57 27 Dec 2004

It is generally suggested that only one firewall should be used, as using two at the same time can result in problems, such as the one you are having.

I suggest turning one of them off, and if this cures the problem, leave it off.

bibo1465 22:58 03 Feb 2005

hi everyone

Please i need your help. I have windows xp SP2,Norton antivirus,norton internet security,zonealarm.

I can use MSM messenger only if the Norton internet security is Off.

I was sending file to my cousin using MSN, the norton internet security was off,when i enable the norton internet security it disconnect me very quickly.I can use MSN while Zonealarm is On.

I don't know why?
Is there any configuration in Norton internet security,to make MSN messenger works with Norton internet security?.

I hope to hear from you very soon.

My kindest regards
bibo

ACOLYTE 23:17 03 Feb 2005

As already said you need to choose just one firewall and uninstall the other,then maybe the problem will go away.I dont use norton so cant help with the settings side of it.

Rhuddlan 23:42 03 Feb 2005

I'm not hijacking this thread, but i have recentley noticed that if I leave msn messenger 7.0 beta signed in, it signs out. For example, I went to work one morning at about 11.00 and msn messenger was signed in and the net connected (I have windows xp home sp2 and wanadoo braodband) and when i returned home at 3, msn messenger had signed out, while msn explorer was still open and the net was still connected? Any ideas?

ACOLYTE 00:25 04 Feb 2005

The only thing i am aware of that would make it sign out is if you signed in on another pc while you were signed in at home.If you didnt then it could be 1 of 2 things:
A: Msn is faulty,dont forget it is a Beta version.
B:Someone else has your account details and signed in as you.
This has know to happen with MSN plus some version contain a trojan that steals your account info and when you sign in sends that info over the net piggybacking on msn,you can change your password for msn and lock the account that way but if you still have plus as soon as you sign in again your new password will be sent to where ever.
Of course it may be none of these this is just 2 i can think of.

Rhuddlan 01:38 04 Feb 2005

Cheers for that, roll on when the official version is released.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017