PLease help me with Livebox/Netgear Print server/

OllyUk 10:08 19 Oct 2007

Hi, Hope someone can help...

This is the set up:

An inventel wireless livebox (Model DV4210-WU) connected to internet and providing wireless access to users. (On IP 192.168.1.1) set to DHCP with range 192.168.1.9 to 192.168.1.99.

A netgear wireless printserver (USB) and 4 port switch (Model WGPS606) placed far enough away to still be able to connect to the inventel livebox. (On 192.168.1.102) set as manual IP.

Then a D-Link 301P+ Ethernet Printer Server on (IP 192.168.1.15) connected to a Laserjet 5P.

Right the situation is this: we want to be able to print from any wireless computer to the HP printer. So far this has been done:

The netgear switch connects to the Inventel box (However dont see associated devices on the Inventel box) The D-link print server when connected to PC is fine and can ping it. However when I connect it to one of the LAN ports on the netgear switch I cant find it any more.

I have removed firewalls, we are currently runing XP SUbnet and wireless settings the same.

Thanks for any help

OllyUk 10:29 19 Oct 2007

I have tried connecyting my laptop via ethernet cable to the netgear wireless print server and 4 port switch and then switched off wireless on my laptop then I cant gain access to the net. The netgear shows a 73% connection to my invertel box

BUt doesnt seem to allow flow of internet traffic. I had to manually assign an IP address to my laptop and gave it 192.18.1.150.

Any ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?