please help me im a n00b

piggie123 03:10 16 Aug 2007

hi im just wondering i have a bunch of computers on a wireless network and i am trying to see what they are looking at ive downloaded a program called ethereal and i did the scan and got some packets i just dont know how to view them it just shows a bunch of numbers and letters please help me thank you

terryf 04:48 16 Aug 2007

Go to click here and download the documentation - then read it

Meshuga 06:42 16 Aug 2007

Just a friendly word of advice, when posting in this forum please give a more descriptive question title, "Please help me im a n00b" tells us nothing of your problem.

octal 08:42 16 Aug 2007

The trouble with Ethereal and most of the network monitoring software is that they monitor the internet as well and there is a lot going on in the background, that's probably what all those packets are, if you do a Whois query on some of the IP addresses of the packets you can often find who owns the IP address.

Have a look at terryf's link and see if you can set it up to read specific IP addresses, I can't remember if you do that on Ethereal because it's a long time since I've used it and I haven't got it on my system because I use Ksniffer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?