PLEASE HELP ME...

DJ.01 11:35 14 Feb 2008

Im not very good with computers but getting there bit by bit :) Im trying to set up my girlfriends computer to a wireless router, which is DSL. From my understanding I plug in the two ethernets cables via modem and router and type in the isp address in the search bar and follow the wizard till its installed.. However when my girlfriends brother first set her pc up the origional ethernet cable was faulty and he set it up with a usb instead somehow, but if I change the usb for the ethernet cable it doesnt detect the connection, what am I doing wrong?

dagbladet 11:40 14 Feb 2008

DJ

This will sound unhelpful but it's not meant to be. Start another thread with the title 'Wireless set-up problem' or something similar. Cut and paste the text from this one and put the thread in either here or the 'Networking' forum. Sit back and watch the words of wisdom come pouring in.

RobCharles1981 11:40 14 Feb 2008

PLEASE HELP ME...

The best way forward here is to start a new thread "tick as resolved" and make a better title topic for your problem "PLEASE HELP ME" doesn't attact our attention.

DJ.01 11:43 14 Feb 2008

thankyou

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone