Please help me!!

tjbadass 16:40 14 Aug 2006

Hi there,

I have just installed a wireless network in my house with a BELKIN 802.11g wireless router with modem. My desktop pc has no problems at all. When I connect my new HPpavilion dv5000 laptop with automatic wireless recognition there are some problems:
1. The laptop works on the internet but the wireless network icons say not connected even when I am- I can surf the internet through the wireless connection which has 5 bars (max) connection strength.
2. I connect to the net but when I leave the laptop connected for 5 mins without changing the internet site it seems to disconnect for no reason. This is really annoying and happens every time.
3. When I am connecting to the network I click on the network icon it says connecting...after about 10 secs I can connect to the net but the connection never seems to say connected and finish the connection process.

Please please help me out here!

ade.h 16:51 14 Aug 2006

"Please help me!!" does not do anything to describe your problem.

1) If it works, then don't worry about it.

2) It is responding to the lack of traffic: Login to the config UI and navigate to Internet WAN and Advanced on the left pane. Select your WAN PPPoA connection and then select Settings. Ensure that "On Demand" is NOT checked.

If it is already unchecked, we can work on other solutions.

3) It sounds like it is struggling to receive an IP from the router's DHCP server, but I would need more info from you to confirm that. It is possible that your DHCP Client service is set to Manual, but I cannot be sure at this time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?