Please help - Laptop Battery Problem

3407nicholash 12:44 13 Dec 2010

Hello,

I have a zoostorm laptop.

My power adapter in the laptop shorted out.

I contacted nextday pc and got a replacement board with the ac adapter unit attached.

It was exactly the same small board as the one already in the laptop.

It was easy to replace, just plug and play, all connections are attached.

The problem I have how is the battery is not working, the power management is telling me the battery is at 100%, but the laptop will not work off of the mains. Before the ac adapter board shorted out the battery was working fine.

Please help.

Nick

Taff™ 13:34 13 Dec 2010

Try removing the battery, unplug from the mains and hold the power button for 30-40 seconds to discharge any static.

I would also get the power adapter checked for output - that`s more likely the problem.

3407nicholash 13:42 13 Dec 2010

Thanks Taff, Ive tryed removing the battery and holding down the power button, that doesnt work.
How do I check for output? - If there was anything wrong with the output, wouldnt that just stop the battery from charging?, the battery is fully charged acording to the power mangagement, wouldnt it at least work from battery until power ran out?

Nick

Taff™ 16:02 13 Dec 2010

You would need to get an electrician to check the output which should be on the unit label. Obviously the power management isn`t reporting the correct figures if we believe it is discharged. Can you check the battery contacts, perhaps clean them gently with a toothbrush or hard paint brush.

It looks suspiciously like the power module on the new board might be questioned. If the power output from the adapter is incorrect it might have damaged it. But that`s a worse case scenario.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:04 13 Dec 2010

will the laptop work off mains with battery removed?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?