please help with javascript code!!!!

sahkab 22:09 23 Nov 2007

hi all, im pretty new to web designing. i built my first site in dreamweaver cs3 and it looked good. the problem is that when i bought my domain and uploaded the site i was told the site uses server side Jave script in, and they do not support server side KJave script on their platform. Hence, i need to change the script to client side Java script. the problem is that i have no idea on how to do that. can anyone help? thanks.

CodeMeister 14:15 24 Nov 2007

Server side code typically accesses databases, file systems and sessions etc which you won't be able to do via client side code.

I think you'll really be looking for a replacement server-side language such as PHP or ASP.Net and then you'll need to rewrite all of your server side code in that language.

sahkab 00:10 25 Nov 2007

how can i do that? do i do it in dreamweaver? im a total web design newbie. can you explain? thanks

CodeMeister 16:45 25 Nov 2007

Hi sahkab,

Well, it all depends on which server-side language you have available to you and also what your server-side JavaScript is currently doing.

You can certainly use Dreamweaver as an IDE for PHP, but it won't do intellisense for you. If it is PHP, then you may be better off with something like Eclipse.

If it's ASP.Net, then the best IDE to use for that would be Visual Studio.

I would suggest that you buy a good book about the relevant server-side programming language.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone